Discover how to use the pain you feel to heal. Pain is not the bad guy. Pain is one of the ways your body uses to get your attention. It’s telling you something, that needs you to act. So, instead of reaching for the suppressive pain killers, that numb your body’s best efforts, listen to your body.
Why Should You Listen To Your Body?
We’ve been in existence for a long time. We survived without any outside help for eons. That was when we trusted our bodies, trusted our inner knowing and took appropriate intuitive action. That may have been rest or just knowing which plant or herb would help us.
In the recent centuries, we’ve been encouraged to silence that inner knowing, to rely on outside ex-spurts. This has been our undoing. The ex-spurts invariably have an agenda, or those who control them have. These are often ego or financial (just look at the drug companies wealth, which outstrips even the fossil fuel industries).
Look upon your body as your friend. Appreciate it. Appreciate it’s innate ability to heal. Appreciate the messages it sends you. Appreciate that you are the one in control. That you are the one who makes the decisions.
All you have to do is to provide the right circumstances for your body to heal.
When you’re in pain, especially a lot or frequently, it’s a message from your body that what you’ve done to date hasn’t served you. You need to make changes, not opting for toxic drugs or surgery. They don’t treat the cause, so they will return, one way or another.
What Does Pain Mean?
Different pain means different things. Some examples include:
- a headache on a hot day or when you’ve been active can indicate a need for water, that you didn’t heed your natural thirst
- chronic body pain can indicate inflammation, usually caused by the wrong diet
- pulling a muscle or tearing a tendon or ligament could mean you’ve not warmed up properly, you’re pushing your body too much or you’re not enjoying it anymore (so is offering an escape route)
- menstrual pain can mean your hormones are overloaded, often by the wrong diet (dairy and meat are loaded with hormones)
- digestive pain can indicate a lack of microbes and bacteria in your gut, caused by antibiotics or other drugs
- I recall going for a walk in a recently herbicide sprayed areas (unbeknownst to me). I didn’t experience pain, but I was overwhelmed with fatigue and weariness and had to go to bed for a few hours
- emotional pain can have many causes, but one is the lack of harmony between your mind and body, they are in conflict, another is the after effects of shock, grief or fright
As you can see, the wrong diet can be one of the major causes of poor health, including pain. So you need to use the pain you feel to heal. Changing your diet may be the complete answer, or just part of the answer.
In our crazy, fast world, we often don’t get enough time to rest. Resting from an injury is always a must, whatever therapy you’re using. The good therapies will mean a shorter resting time.
A man recently told me that his medically treated tendon repair recovery would take two years to heal completely. With good homeopathic treatment, that’s likely to take around a month, depending on the severity. It could be days.
Toxicity is at an all time high, with tens of thousands of new chemicals now on the market. Many are on the land, in our food or in our personal care or cleaning products. We need to be extra vigilant and carefully read the ingredients, sources of the ingredients and understand the combination of the ingredients. Toxins overload the body and some never manage to get excreted, causing problems, including pain, for life.
Some of us are extremely sensitive and have adverse reactions to everything. Some of us are stoic and never seem to be harmed by anything. Most of us lie somewhere between these two extremes. Some things affect us adversely, but many things don’t seem to.
How To Use The Pain You Feel To Heal
With good homeopathic treatment, we consider the natural expression of your pain, and how you deal with it, or not. We want to know the type of pain (such as aching, stabbing, stinging, burning, shooting, etc). We want to know the cause of the pain, if known (such as injury, puberty, post partrum, surgery, grief, fright, etc).
Your job is to eat the healthiest diet, to avoid toxins and to listen to your body. Your homeopaths job is to prescribe on an accurate assessment of the symptoms you provide us with, however old they are. It’s a teamwork effort. And the result can be profound healing, beyond your wildest expectations.
Leave a Reply